Thursday, May 15, 2008

A POEM FROM THE DISTANT PAST

This is for Mia, because I read the great poem she wrote on her blog and told her I would post one I had written when I was a child.  I wrote this poem when I was 8 years old for a school assignment.  The teacher thought it was too good for an 8 year old to have written, and accused me of copying it from a book.  My Mom (Grandma Kay) was furious, because she had been sitting with me when I wrote it.  She stomped over to the school and told that teacher a thing or two!!  Here is the poem:

THE BLACK STALLION

When everyone has gone to bed,
For the stallion comes at night,
He comes and goes without a sound
Just like a flash of light.

He lets the corralled horses free
And runs off to the plains.
The cowboys get up just in time
To see their flying manes.

They've tried to catch him many times.
He's the wildest horse out West.
They chase him over hill and dale,
But he always turns out best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice mom.